The following information sets out how we use and protect any information that we hold and it also sets out details about your rights in relation to this personal data and how to contact us if you have any questions or would like to change the way in which we communicate with you.
We may need to change this privacy notice from time to time to remain compliant.
Who we are:
- We are a registered charity in Northern Ireland – Charity Registration Number NIC101909.
- We are a charity registered with HMRC – Charity Reference Number XT36990
Ways we collect your personal data:
We collect personal data if you complete any paperwork relating to making a donation, adopting an animal, volunteering or fundraising in any capacity or corresponding with us via phone or email. The type of data we collect is necessitated due to your dealings with us and this would normally include name, address, email address, contact number and others, non- specified.
When you use our website:
When you support us via a third party:
In some cases your information may be shared with us via a third party, for example Justgiving or PayPal. These third parties will only do so when you have indicated you wish to support our work and you have given your consent.
How we use your personal information:
We will collect, store and use the personal data you provide to us in order to carry out the activities relevant to the provision of services. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, which you have requested, about ways to support our work.
- To provide information and a service with regards to rehoming or fostering one of our animals
- To provide a service with regards to your request such as volunteering and fundraising.
- To provide you with information that we may think is of interest to you.
Legal basis and purpose:
We have a legal basis for processing your personal data where:
- You have given us consent to do so.
- It is necessary to provide a service to you.
- Provide information that may be of interest to you.
Who will have access to your information:
We will make sure the appropriate controls are in place to protect your personal data in accordance with current data protection legislation.
We may share your personal data with third party service provider who assist in the provision of a service, these include:
- HMRC in relation to Gift Aid
- Banking organisations for the collection of DD payments and processing payments
- Regulators such as the Charity Commission and others as necessary
We will never share your data with external organisations for marketing purposes or beyond what is necessary to provide the service you have indicated.
How we look after your data:
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA. By submitting your information you agree to such transfer, storing and processing of your personal data by admin volunteers.
We will keep your personal data for no longer than necessary for the purpose we have set out above. We will retain your information for as long as needed in order to provide the relevant services to you or preform any contract we have with you. This will be conducted in line with your personal communication preferences.
We do not keep your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was provided. We will retain information on individuals in compliance with statutory requirements or in line with organisational needs where there are no such statutory requirements. This is in accordance with our record keeping policy and adheres to the requirements of GDPR.
Our current retention time frame for all data is 6 years.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data and there are circumstances when your rights may not apply. You have the right to request that we:
- Provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you
- Update any of your personal information if it is inaccurate or out of date
- Delete the personal data we hold about you – if we are providing a service to you and you ask to delete your personal data we hold then we may be unable to continue providing these services.
- Restrict the way in which we process your personal data
- Stop processing your valid data if you have valid objections to such processing
- Transfer your personal data to a third party
For more information on your rights and how to use them or if you prefer to make any requests please contact us using the details provided below. We will respond to all such requests within the timeframe required by law. Even in you have consented to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes you have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us.
Our contact details are:
NISBTR Coordinator, 25 Rockfield Meadows, Carrowdore, Newtownards, Co Down BT22 2WW